Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Thanks for your good advice!

Thank  you all for your excellent advice of just going ahead and talking to the medical personnel about my concerns.  I talked to them some yesterday.  And they answered some questions.  But they didn't know fully what the discharge plan would be because they decided they weren't going to send John home yet after all, because of his poor kidney functioning.  So I guess they have time to work on a plan.

I spoke immediately to them about the situation of them not showing us how to take care of the PICC line, nor where to order the supplies from.  Nor scheduling the bandage change.  The nurse practitioner was immediately apologetic in her neglect.  This made me feel a lot better and gave me more faith in them as a hospital.  Because they have always been totally on top of everything in the past.  I wanted to have that confidence in them again.  

I feel a lot better about things, I think we will have a plan in place when it is time to go home.  I hope.  If not, I will make sure there is one.  

And I see now that we are not going home (because John is having kidney function problems) that my inclinations about something being wrong with his health was right.  I was not just being paranoid.  I always know when something is wrong with him.  If they had just sent him home without checking his creatinin level it would have been bad.  One of the doctors had actually suggested just sending him home this past Friday.  The nurse practitioner told me so.  But she told him she didn't want to do that, and could he PLEASE come in to Day Hospital on Monday (yesterday).  I am glad she did.  If she hadn't we wouldn't have known how his kidneys were functioning.  Or maybe the test would have been done back home with a home nurse, showing chronic kidney failure, and we would have had to turn right around and come back to Hershey. 

Okay, enough already.  Got to go do some other things.  I am up much too early, but I am having trouble sleeping these days and I don't really know why.  Maybe I will go back to bed.

Love, Krissy :) 

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you talked to the staff and got some answers! I'm not surprised you aren't sleeping properly, you have so much on your mind. Hopefully Johns' creatinin levels will get better soon or they will do something about them. You know John better than any of the staff and know when he isn't doing too good, that can be of help to them if they talk to you about it. Your role in helping John to get well is very important. Still praying for you both. With love, Jeannette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for getting your questions answered and for telling them that they slipped up!  Keep it up, honey!!  I am soooo proud of you!  I am here if you need to call!  I will call you in a day or two myself.  Love you guys!!  Love, Val in her apartment xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i think it was great that you sat with the medical personal because you deserve to know whats going on. i belive you will be home soon.

    take care

    noelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you voiced your concerns and your mind is now eased a bit.  Take care of yourself, Krissy.  Rest when you can.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad they are not lettinghim go home yet!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you voiced your opinions and got em to listen.Thinking of you both and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am relieved to hear John isn't being sent home, for your sake as well as his. You need rest my friend, but realise how difficult it can be to relax.  Thinking of you both. Say hello to John.
    Love Sylvia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I`m so pleased that you have sorted out your worries with the medical staff.  At least now you can have more confidence in the hospital, knowing that you can ask them anything and they will explain.  I`m sending John my very best wishes Krissy, and please take care of yourself too. :o)

    Hugs

    Sandra xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad you are feeling better about the whole situation.  any good nurse and doctor should be happy to help you to understand everything.

    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling a little better after getting all your questions answered.  It was the right thing to do.       Dawn
    adlessor     A Couple of Nomafs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that you aren't going home, but sounds like you are where he needs to be.  I hope they get things straightened out quickly. Sending you bigs hugs and prayers.

    Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM HAPPY THAT YOU WERE SATISFIED WITH YOUR TALKS WITH THE HOSPITAL STAFF.. DO YOU THINK JOHN WILL NEED A TRANSPLANT?  I HOPE IT WILL ALL BE OK..I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND JOHN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite some frustrations, God's hand is in it for the best, at the end of the day.
    Prayers and love,
    Kellen

    ReplyDelete